By: Sarah J. Maas
# 6 in the Throne of Glass Series | 286 Pages | Pub. 2017
Tower of Dawn at a Glance
- Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
- Dude: Like the training bra of boyfriends
- Heroine # 1: Yrene is as cool as Joanna from Fixer Upper
- Heroine # 2: Nesryn traded UP
- Steaminess: What happens in the Oasis, stays in the Oasis
- Brutality: Excuse me, SJM?! How dare. You. Ruin. Me. Like. That.
Pairs Well With:
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons Campari
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1 orange twist
Our feelings on Chaol are no secret. We think he’s the crazy ex-boyfriend that just won’t go away because SJM keeps shoving him down our throats. Quit trying to make Chaol a thing!
Yeah, he looooves Dorian and is “oh so loyal” but we think he’s a whiny jerk that lacks perspective and just needs to get over himself. So, the fact that we had to read a 620 page book on him wasn’t something we were precisely looking forward to… But overall, Tower of Dawn wasn’t bad. Yeah, it was way too long and probably could’ve been ⅓ of the size because it didn’t really add to the overall plot until 70% through the novel but the new characters in the southern continent made it worth it.
Beware, Spoilers are coming…