I felt like this topic could go two ways: Why do I choose a particular book or what is going on in my life that I decide to read, So i’m going with 5 of each!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
Reasons I choose a particular book
- A friend I trust recommended it
- A gorgeous cover
- It’s a continuation in a series I love
- It looks dark and twisty
- I saw the movie and decided to read the book
Things that make me want to read
- It’s rainy
- I’m sad
- I had a stressful day
- It’s nice and I can read outside
- Let’s be honest, I always want to read!
Why do you pick up a book? Let us know in the comments!