OOOH I love freebies! I think we should all live like a make-your-own-adventure book. So here I’ll share a few of each of my favs for you.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
I don’t do audio books very often, but I have actually gotten into them more lately because my commute is longer. Here are some of my favorites.
- Lord of Shadows and Queen of Air and Darkness – These are narrated by James Marstars… that’s right, it’s Storytime with Spike. I call that a win.
- Illuminae – I have not listened to the rest of this series, but just the first one was AMAZING. They got a full cast to narrate and while I think you should read it first, don’t deprive yourself of this full cast audiobook.
- The Lunar Chronicles – The books that convinced me that audiobooks are good! I couldn’t get into audiobooks until Cress. I’m happy to say that has changed now.
As you can see, I have a specific genre for podcasts… True crime is the best.
- My Favorite Murder – Hilarity, murders, and cats! These two ladies are insanely funny and their strange theories are not to be missed!
- Crime Junkies – The feminist true crime heroes we need in our lives.
- Southern Fried True Crime – Southern accent + refusal to put up with misogyny, domestic violence or Donald Trump = Need I say more?
Music For Reading and writing
It’s hard to listen to music and read at the same time. Usually I need quiet, but sometimes some light music makes things flow. When i’m writing, playlists OWN me.
If you know my screamo heart then these choices may SHOCK you…
- Ben Rector
- Ron Pope
- Amy Winehouse
- Norah Jones
What is on your audio freebie list? Let us know in the comments!