Well, this is interesting… In honor of Valentine’s next week, I thought I would do at least one romanti-ish post. I saw this Love Triangle Randomizer on A Fictional Bookworm and HAD to do it. I’m not convinced that the randomizer is shipping these characters though…
Continue reading “Love Triangle Randomizer Tag”
By: S.A. Chakraborty
The Daevabad Trilogy #2 | 619 Pages | Pub. 2019
The Kingdom of Copper at a Glance
- Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- Heroine: She can be my queen anyday
- Dude: NOT Impressed
- Steaminess: No one is lighting that fire
- Brutality: Rumi fire is terrifying
Pairs Well With
- ½ oz grenadine
- ½ oz creme de menth
- ½ oz creme de bananes
- ½ oz bacardi 151
Continue reading “The Kingdom of Copper”
OK, this is really 2019 releases I’m on the fence about because I needed to add a couple of books that were recently released. I am pretty decided in my books, so I only have 7 this week.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
Continue reading “Top Ten Tuesday |Upcoming Releases I’m on the Fence About”
By: A&E Kirk
Divinicus Nex #1 | 404 Pages | Pub. 2012
It’s Monday, which means i’m barely functioning and no one wants to read a lot on Monday mornings. So i’m bringing you a quick and friendly mini review!
Recommended for: Anyone who needs a quick and easy palette cleanser read
“Wish I could say it was a deviously clever move, but the truth is I’ve got grace management issues.”
Oh, I relate to Aurora and her stumbling clumsiness so well. She is a special snowflake in a new school and attracts a group of hot mysterious boys. This was a fairly typical teenage paranormal story, nothing outstanding or amazing. Girl moves to town, girl finds out she is special, girl has various funny and/or cute interactions with bad boy.
I did love the banter, but Aurora needs to learn her limits. She was funny and smart, but a little too over-the-top thinking that she could be the one to save everyone and running off on her own. Demons are chasing her for about 90% of the book and the other 10% is teenage angst. This is a perfect read if you want something light-hearted and fun with lots of monsters.
Have you read Demons at Deadnight? Let us know what you thought in the comments!
Twitter || Goodreads || Instagram
This month flew by! I went to New Orleans for a friend’s birthday which was a ton of fun. Nyx is still not 100% potty trained, but she is getting much better. I also feel as though I finally have a better grip on balancing my work, home and blogging life.
Plus we got so many fantastic books in January!
Continue reading “January Wrap-Up and February TBR”