OK, this is really 2019 releases I’m on the fence about because I needed to add a couple of books that were recently released. I am pretty decided in my books, so I only have 7 this week.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black – I really liked The Cruel Prince, at least the ending. This book has been so over-hyped for me that I almost dislike it already, which is not fair. It turns out that my copy from the library is ready today, so I think i’m going to have to read this one anyway!
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I couldn’t get through The Song Rising. I LOVED the first two Bone Season books and was disappointed in the book and myself for not being able to finish. I’m nervous to start a new book, especially one this size, but I will likely read it because it sounds amazing and she truly is a talented writer.
- Evermore by Sara Holland – A tiny part of me wants to read this, even though I was not a fan of Everless. I don’t think that part of me is going to be big enough for me to read this though.
- Stain by A.G. Howard – This is a cover problem for me. Yes, it’s pretty, but it looks like a children’s book to me. If I can get past that, the storyline sounds fun.
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – I’m just not sure about this. I like the fairytale pieces and the Chinese culture, but I’m not sure I want to read the project runway part…
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye – I don’t know why this is on my list. It isn’t jumping to the top of my list is all.
- Sherwood by Meagan Spooner – I didn’t love Hunted. I wanted to because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite, but I just didn’t love it.
Have you read any of these? Let us know what you thought in the comments!