Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
These are not in any particular order. I just went through my Read list and found the new authors I loved the most.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
- V.E. Schwab – How have I not read her stuff yet? I’m currently in a “read everything Schwab has ever written” phase and I am not mad about it.
- Mary Pearson – Our #KissofSeptember buddy read was so much fun, but the best part was that Mary became a part of it on twitter. She loves to interact with fans and is the queen of gifs.
- Leigh Bardugo – I am seriously late to the Grisha train, but I’m glad that I got there. Authors who aren’t scared to kill off characters always top my list.
- Jay Kristoff – ^$#@* Words can’t express this man’s genius. 15/10 approve.
- Taylor Jenkins Reid – What a beautiful storycrafter! I will read anything by her regardless of topic because it’s gorgeous.
- Cora Carmack – If I asked for a story with everything I ever wanted it would be Roar. It was the exact amount of fluffy and serious that I enjoy with a fun new magic set.
- S.A. Chakraborty – The City of Brass was my second favorite book in 2018. I am so ready for Kingdom of Copper. I loved the setting and the history intertwined throughout this story!
- Maggie Stiefvater – I was super late to The Raven Boys train as well. While I love those books, I sometimes wonder what on earth is in your brain that you can come up with this stuff! It’s awesome!
- Maureen Johnson – Johnson created Stevie and Stevie is all I have ever wanted to be. Plus she added the anxiety factor which is 100%.
- Jennifer Armentrout – I read so much Armentrout this year! For a fun, quick read I head straight in that direction.
Who did you discover this year? Let us know what you thought in the comments!