I saw this awesome survey and thought it would be a fantastic last post of 2018. I’m ready for this year to be over and for all of the amazing books to come in 2019!
2018 Reading Stats
Number of books you read: 162
Number of re-reads: 7
Most read genre: fantasy
Best In Books
1. Best books you read in 2018:
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t:
The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read:
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did):
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
5. Best series you started in 2018. Best sequel of 2018. Best series ender of 2018.
Series Started – The Dark Artifices
Sequel – Muse of Nightmares
Ender – Kingdom of Ash
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018:
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone:
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:
Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
9. Book you read in 2018 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Roar by Cora Cormack
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018:
The Wicked Deep
11. Most memorable character of 2018:
Mia Corvere from Nevernight
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018:
Circe by Madeline Miller
13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2018:
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read:
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
15. Favorite quote from a book you read in 2018:
“Don’t let the hard days win.” From A Court of Mist and Fury
16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2018:
Shortest – I Dare You
Longest – Kingdom of Ash
17. Book that shocked you the most:
The Surface Breaks
18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!):
Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn
19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year:
Aelin and Fenrys
20. Favorite book you read in 2018 from an author you’ve read previously:
21. Best book you read in 2018 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else:
The Remnant Chronicles series was recommended by Teagan and Anne
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018:
23. Best 2018 debut you read:
24. Most vivid setting you read this year:
25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read:
Caraval by Stephanie Garner
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2018:
The City of Brass
Kingdom of Ash
Lord of Shadows
27. Hidden gem of the year:
28. Book that crushed your soul:
Lord of Shadows
29. Most unique book you read in 2018:
30. Book that made you the maddest (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it):
Queen of Air and Darkness
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2018:
All of them are new this year!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2018:
I like our old reviews a lot and I’m always sad that Kingmaker and Tainted Accords don’t get more love.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog:
Our Best Books of 2018 so far did really well.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.):
Kingdom of Ash Tour
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018:
Each time we pass a milestone on followers or views etc I am humbled that so many people read our book rants. This community is amazing.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year:
Balancing life and reading/blogging
7. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views):
A Court of Frost and Starlight
8. Post you wished got a little more love:
Our old ones
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.):
I’m obsessed with Book Outlet and Redbubble now
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year:
I surpassed my reading goal by 100+ books this year.
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2018 but will be your number 1 priority in 2019:
The Boneless Mercies
2. Book you are most anticipating in 2019 (non-debut):
The Near Witch by V.E. Schwab
3. 2019 debut you are most anticipating:
Oh I have no idea. There are too many!
4. Sequel you are most anticipating in 2019:
The Kingdom of Copper & The Vanishing Stair
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2019?
I would like to get back into a pattern because I am really disorganized right now!
Have you read any of these? Let us know what you thought in the comments!