We were tagged by Siobhan @ Novelties to do the Ultimate Book Tag. We absolutely love Siobhan’s blog – she’s hilarious and y’all should definitely follow her if you don’t already!
We love this tag because there aren’t any rules we just have to answer the questions. #Blessed
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
T – Oh yeah, I get sick just existing in cars, so reading is impossible.
J – Nope. I can usually read the entire trip.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
T – I love Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff’s Illuminae Files series. Their characters and plots are unique but what I love is that they tell the story with documents, pictures, charts, email transcripts and more. It’s like a young adult primary source analysis and it makes my history major heart happy.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
J – Harry Potter, no question. Twilight is trash.
T – Harry Potter easily. But I appreciate Twilight nonetheless.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?
J – Nope, just a suitcase for a purse.
T – Yep, it has my work laptop and normally lunch.
5. Do you smell your books?
J – Sometimes…
T – Nope.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
J – I am fine with the illustrations as long as they match the atmosphere of the book and don’t distract me.
T- I like illustrations. Especially Illuminae style illustrations.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
J – Probably the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. It’s so cute, but not great.
T – Probably Twilight.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
J – I accidentally left my algebra book in the yard and the sprinklers got to it. We had to use an iron to flatten out the pages.
T – My parents had to confiscate flashlights from me as a kid or I would read all night and never sleep.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
J – One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish in french. Yep, I realize that is weird.
T – Defy by Sara B. Larson in paperback.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
J – The Edgar Allan Poe full collection of works.
T – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
J – I have always written, primarily as a way to empty out my brain. I would love to be an author, but it is much more difficult than you think.
T – I’m forced to write academic articles for work and that’s enough for me. Creativity isn’t my strong point.
12. When did you get into reading?
J – As soon as I learned my letters. I was two begging my parents to read to me.
T – My mom says I was into reading from birth.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
J – Wuthering Heights
T – To Kill a Mockingbird
14. In school what was your best subject?
T- History, alllll the history classes.
J – English. You can’t fake a multiple choice, but you can reason your way through any essay.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
J – Say thank you and accept the present. It’s a present.
T – Ditto, Jess. I’m not a monster!
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
T – The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole is pretty similar to the Hunger Games. Its a dystopia with teenagers battling to the death in a competition.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Not sure this applies to us.
18. What is your favorite word?
T – I like nefarious.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
J – Probably all of the above, but mostly a dork.
T – Probably a nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
J – I think it’s less about the vs. and more how they are written. I like the brutality of vampires, but the complexity and mythology of fairies.
T – I’m all about the fae lately. Rhys, Rowan and Desmond
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
J – Angels. I love angels.
T – I love a good shapeshifter romance.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
J – Werewolves I guess. I like living characters.
T – Werewolves.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
J – I hate zombies. They seriously freak me out.
T – Ew. Zombies. Nope.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
T – Forbidden love all the way. God save me from the love triangle trope.
J – I’m kinda tired of love triangles. I don’t think my emotions handle them well.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
T – I like both! I think a good balance keeps me happy.
J – Both. Too much sappy and I am not pleased, but too much action and I start skipping pages.
- Erin @ Undercover Binge Reader
- Adrianna @ For the Love of Books
- Ebru @ Ebs and Her Reads
- Jayati @ Junky Writing
- Jill @ Jill’s Book Blog
No promise to complete the tag! 🙂