We were tagged/nominated for a few things this week so we are once again dividing and conquering and killing two birds with one post. Jess is going to tackle the Book Blogger Test Tag and Teagan the Out of this World Blogger Award. We love the blog community and how much they support us – so thank you everyone!
Book Blogger Test Tag
I was tagged by Sara @ The Bibliophagist to do the Book Blogger Test Tag! Thanks for tagging me!
You must answer all of these questions truthfully and once you’ve completed this tag, tag 5 other book bloggers to answer the questions next.
What are your top three book pet peeves?
- I get annoyed with people who say that reading is boring. You are 100% entitled to your own opinion, but most of the time it’s really due to being forced to read things you are not interested in. Not that “reading is boring.”
- Someone reading over my shoulder. Personal space is a real thing for me. Also, I read some trashy books and I am not responsible for what you may read…
- Being interrupted like 8 times with different questions. If the house isn’t on fire then you do not need to interrupt my reading.
Describe your perfect reading spot
I have a reading chair. It’s over-sized and comfy AF. Most people think it’s my husbands chair, but it’s mine. I sat in no less than 80 chairs looking for the right one.
Tell us three book confessions
- I read a lot of books that I will never admit to reading. Someone else downloaded that, I swear.
- I skimm if I am having a hard time getting through a book. Sometimes you have to skimm to push through.
- I have dogeared a lot of pages. I am not proud of this.
When was the last time you cried at a book?
The Scribe. You will too.
How many books are on your bedside table?
ZERO. I know. I don’t read in bed anymore unless it’s on my iPad. It helps with sleep, I promise.
What is your favorite snack whilst you’re reading?
I don’t like to snack and read because I am not a fan of dirty books. But if coffee counts, then coffee wins.
Name three books you’d recommend to everyone
I don’t know that I have 3 books to recommend to ANYONE. But to people who enjoy the same topics as me, I would recommend:
- If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Taught You by Kelly Cutrone – I feel like all young women should read this. Especially if you are heading into your first “real” job. It put lot office politics into perspective for me and helped me to leave work at work.
- Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier – I love the thriller aspect to this book.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – This is one of my favorites of all time.
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase
We had a pipe break in my house so my books are currently living in stacks in the guest bedroom. It is starting to look like a used book store. Sorry not sorry.
Write how much books mean to you in 3 words
That. Is. Impossible.
What’s your biggest reading secret?
I don’t know that it is a secret, but I prefer reading to television. I also don’t really like audio books.
Out of This World Blogger Award
I was nominated for the Out of This World Blogger Award by Kaleena @ Reader Voracious Blog. She created this award to recognize exceptional bloggers that are engaged in the community and publish excellent content. I love Kaleena’s blog (and her adorable cat) and thank her so much for including us in her inaugural nominees for this award.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you and link back to their post.
- Answer the questions.
- Don’t forget to grab your badge!
- Nominate 3-5 bloggers for the award.
- You may use the header image from this post if desired.
- Please be sure to link back to the original post and credit the creator: Reader Voracious Blog
- What (or who) inspires you and why?
Artistic people inspire me. I don’t have an artistic bone in my body and I’m jealous of these individuals’ ability to create basically magic out of nothing. I love that artists share their work so untalented people like myself can enjoy and be inspired by it. Obviously, I consider authors to be artists and am most appreciative of them!
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is definitely having a mechanism for sharing my plethora of thoughts on books with the world and getting to engage in conversations about them. The people I’ve “met” in the blogging community are incredible and I’m especially glad for my best blogging buddy, Jess. (Sorry I got sappy, Jess, but you know I ❤ you).
- If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be and why?
I would probably be Feyre so that I can be with Rhys and their gang of dreamers. Plus, I wouldn’t say no to having badass powers and living in the Night Court.
- If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with the time?
I would go backpacking in South America armed with endless audiobooks and ebooks.
- What is one piece of advice that you would give a new blogger?
Have fun and don’t be afraid to start conversations with people! Everyone in the blogging community is so nice and they’re great friends and allies to have.
- Optional: Freebie question – share something with us!
My cat’s name is Carver and she likes to sunbathe at the beach.