If you have been living under a rock then you may not know that March is when we celebrate how amazing women are! Well let’s get real, it should be every month, but we won’t get into that. In celebration of all of the amazing women out there, we made up a list of our favorite badass female characters.
- Aelin Galynthinius – Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas – Obviously Aelin (aka Slay-lin) tops my list of badass ladies. Aelin is always plotting, kicking ass, and saving the world and I 100% respect her for it. She’s unapologetically dark and twisty, haughty, and full of herself (I mean she’s badass why shouldn’t she appreciate herself?). And for bonus points she loves books, clothes and sexy male fae. So basically she’s me. I love that Aelin is perfectly imperfect and I swear to god if SJM kills her in the final TOG book a piece of me will actually die.
- Mustang (Virginia) – Red Rising series by Pierce Brown – From the moment I met Mustang in Red Rising I had a girl crush. She is a brilliant strategist and politician who doesn’t put up with the shit the alpha males in her life throw at her. If I went to war this girl would be the first person I picked to be on my team. This girl is also a social justice warrior who doesn’t stand for prejudice which wins her major points in my book.
Catalia Fisa – Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Borchet – At this point my love for Catalia has been immortalized in our Kingmaker Chronicles blog… but it needs to be stated that I freaking love this chick. Cat overcomes her dark and twistiness and uses her badass powers to take down evil and make the world a better place. She’s witty and a loyal friend and I want to be a part of Beta Team as they fight in epic battles and take down mythical creatures.
- Jessa LeBron – Dragon Marked series by Jaymin Eve – She is an alpha, an amazing fighter, has some seriously loyal friends and she is hilarious. The amount of food she can eat and her sassiness made her an instant favorite for me. “Food, get over here so I can eat you.”
- Hermione Granger – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I shouldn’t have to explain this one. Hermione is brilliant and sassy and keeps those boys in line. She is the reason HP is alive because she saved him more times than we can count. “Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.”
- Mor – A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas – Mor is a highborn fae who was treated like property by her parents. They tried forcing her to marry a violent and crazy man so she decided to sleep with an Illyrian warrior to ruin herself. She endured torture of the worst kind, but somehow rose to be third in command of the Night Court. And she kept a winning sense of humor and style along with it. We were shocked when she announced that she was LGBT because it seemed like she was no longer scared to be whomever she wanted to be. “I was a dreamer born into the Court of Nightmares…So I got out.”